Benefits of Soaking Nuts and Seeds
- Neutralizes the natural occurring enzyme inhibitor.
- Increases the amount of vitamins your body absorbs.
- Makes the digestion of the nut much easier.
- Reduces Phytic acid, which inhibits the absorption of vital minerals.
- If you are NOT going to dehydrate your nuts then soak an amount you will eat within three or four days because they will mold. If they start to stink and the smell doesn't wash away after you rinse them a few times THROW THEM OUT.
- Soak nuts in filtered water in a glass or stainless steel bowl in the fridge.
- Change the water once or twice a day
- Rinse nuts each time you change the water
- After soaking overnight, lay nuts on your dehydrator trays and dehydrate them for 12-18 hours or until dry and crunchy.
- Store them in the fridge for a longer shelf life.