Teavana Teas

Tea has been around for thousands of years.  The earliest record of tea consumption dates back to the Chinese.  People swear by its magical powers and health benefits.  So, I am going to write on the new teas I bought and see if they help amplify my already healthy lifestyle! Well, my "working my way to a healthier lifestyle." It's not perfected yet!

PINA COLADA HERBAL TEA:

INGREDIENTS: The tea is a combination of coconut bits, hibiscus, rose hips, apple bits, and pineapple pieces.

HEALTH BENEFITS: The tea is full of vitamins, minerals, & antioxidants. It is naturally caffeine free.

STEEPING: I boiled water and let the tea steep for 5-8 mins. I also added a pinch (1 tsp) of organic coconut flakes to up the coconut flavor while the tea was steeping. After I strained the tea I added a little agave nectar.

The tea smells amazing in the bag and brewing!  It reminds you of the yummy summer pina coladas you drink by the pool, but then you get a whiff of the rose hips and it turns your thoughts to a rose garden instead of a pool side pina colada.  The mixture of ingredients are so delightful.  The fruit adds a tiny bit of natural sweetness and fruity flavor (so if you like to drink your tea plain--like I do then this tea would be fantastic plain because of the natural sweetness).  My husband and I would definitely recommend this tea to anyone interested in trying some NEW teavana teas! 

PRICE: $4.50 for 2 oz.(20-30 cups of tea)

ROOIBOS ROSE GARDEN TEA

The Rooibos plant has been consumed in South Africa for hundreds of years.  It is brownish-red in color and in the legume family. 

INGREDIENTS: The tea is a combination of green rooibos, rhubarb pieces, red currants and pink rose petals.

HEALTH BENEFITS: The tea is full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and flavanols.  It is caffeine free, helps relieve allergies, strengthen teeth, and improve hair, teeth, skin, and bones.
STEEPING: Boil water and steep the tea for 5-6 mins.

The tea has an amazing aroma that fills your nose the moment you open the bag.  Once I brewed the tea the smell reminded me of caramel. I know that is an odd description coming from a rose tea, but that is what I smelled. The taste is naturally sweet.  I did not add any extra sugar and the tea tasted naturally sweeter than the pina colada tea.  The tea is extremely smooth and not overpowering with flavor.  The fruity, floral combination is very appealing to the nose and tongue.  I definitely recommend this tea!

PRICE: $2.40 for 2 oz.


MY MORNING MATE TEA

 INGREDIENTS: Mate, Yunnan black tea, chocolate, nuts, and a touch of spice. CONTAINS 100% of the caffeine that is in coffee. 

HEALTH BENEFITS: This tea may help lower cholesterol, suppress hunger, regulate blood sugar levels, fight colds and allergies, and aid in weight loss.  This tea contains 21 vitamins and minerals, along with antioxidants.  

STEEPING: Boil water and steep 1.5 tsp. for 5-6mins


This tea is nothing special when you drink it plain.  No flavors or spices jumped out at me when I opened the bag or steeped the tea, however, when you add agave nectar to it it is extremely flavorful.  It does have a lot of vitamins and minerals that coffee does not have, so if you are looking for a coffee replacement, without the coffee taste, then you have found it right here.  I love the taste of coffee, so by drinking this tea I am really missing out on the coffee flavor, but for the health benefits I would recommend you replace a few cups of coffee a week with this tea! I would recommend this tea, but out of the three I have tasted so far it is definitely last on the list!


PRICE: $6.80 for 2 oz.

KAMIYA PAPAYA OOLONG TEA

INGREDIENTS: Oolong tea, candied papaya, candied pineapple, apple bits, orange peel, cinnamon, and rose bud.
HEALTH BENEFITS: This tea helps lower the fat intake from a high cholesterol meal, speeds up your metabolism, reduces cholesterol and is good for your skin. This tea has 10-15% of the caffeine that is in a cup of coffee. This tea is also known as the "dieter's tea."
 
STEEPING: Boil 8 oz. of water and steep for 4-5 mins.

I absolutely love this tea.  The sweet smell of the candied pineapples and papaya take your mind to the beaches of Hawaii.  This tea is fantastic with a little agave nectar.  If you are in need of a tiny, but healthy caffeine kick this tea would be my suggestion.  I usually drink this tea plain because of the natural sweetness from the fruits. I definitely recommend this tea if you are a fruit lover!  
PRICE: $8.00 for 2 oz.

Coming Soon: 

Rooibos Chai

Comments

Popular Posts