What is Stearic Acid??
Stearic acid is a natural, organic compound that is found mainly in animal fats (beef fats) and some vegetable fats. Stearic acid is a saturated fatty acid. The majority of stearic acid actually gets converted into oleic acid (monounsaturated fat). Oleic acid DOES NOT affect your cholesterol levels nor does it raise LDL levels (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition Article). Palmitic and Lauric Acid are known to raise cholesterol; however, because they raise LDL and HDL levels you end up actually decreasing your chances of heart disease.
Benefits of Saturated Fat
- The preferred fuel for your heart, and also used as a source of fuel during energy expenditure
- Useful antiviral agents (caprylic acid)
- Effective as an anticaries, antiplaque and anti fungal agents (lauric acid)
- Useful to actually lower cholesterol levels (palmitic and stearic acids)
- Modulators of genetic regulation and prevent cancer (butyric acid)
Saturated fats have gotten a bad name after the very popular low-fat, sugar free days; however, saturated fats can actually benefit you! You need saturated fats to help digest and absorb vitamins and minerals in your body, as well as, filling you up so that you eat less!
Now, if you don't exercise and eat a well-balanced diet I suggest that you do not eat a lot of saturated fat; however, if you are active and eat well hen I suggest adding saturated fats into your diet, if you haven't already. You will eat less during the day because you will be fuller longer, which in return will lead to weight LOSS. Because as we all know, the LESS calories you eat the more weight you lose!!!!! I also want to reiterate that you eat things AS CLOSE TO THEIR NATURAL STATE AS POSSIBLE!
SUGGESTED GOOD FATS
- Nitrate FREE Bacon
- Organic, all-natural, nitrate FREE hot dogs
- Grass fed beef
- Yogurt (raw goats and cows milk)
- Raw milk
- Raw or all-natural cheeses
I actually just purchased some RAW GOAT'S MILK yogurt and it is FANTASTIC! I literally just drink it out of the jar and it fills me up for hours! It is so creamy and delicious! I also just put myself back on the RAW MILK list and will be purchasing raw milk again! I can't wait to start getting all the natural, essential vitamins and minerals back into my diet!