Beginning of Blogging

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD. I feel like as Americans we live day by day by asking ourselves, "So what is for dinner?", or "Where are we going to eat tonight?", or "When is our next meal?" I know that in my family this is definitely the case at home and on vacation. We live for the next meal. My husband and I especially have a deep love for food. We try to incorporate our healthy, organic, all natural, no preservative lifestyle into our daily meals and I have to say that we do a pretty good job of it (not perfect, but who is)! My husband is an amazing chef and I will be getting ideas from him as well. However, my focus is not just on recipes, but on products you can find at Trader Joe's (TJs) and Whole Foods (WF). I got this idea one day when I started researching WF and TJ's products online. I realized that foods, wines, ingredients etc... were not readily available, so that is where I got the idea to blog all the healthy foods, tasty wines, and amazing recipes on my own personal blog!!

Since we are two days away from Thanksgiving, I will start by talking about the traditional and non-traditional dishes we will be serving at our Thanksgiving dinner. This year my mother discovered something new and exciting and we are all ready to dig into the NEW Turducken. Now, I am sure you are all wondering what the heck a Turducken is, so I will tell you. It started in Louisiana and then spread throughout the deep South. Being born and raised in Georgia, I am very eager to try this turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken--Turducken. You can read more about the history here: Turducken Wikipedia . I can't wait to write the reviews on how it tastes, but I can only imagine that the fats from the duck are going to make the whole thing tender and very juicy, not to mention all the spice rub! As far as the other dishes go, we are going to have my grandmother's cornbread dressing, green beans, sweet potato souffle, chocolate pecan pie, ice cream, caramelized mashed potatoes (a new recipe I am eager to try), and more.

What are some traditional and non-traditional things ya'll have on your Thanksgiving table?  I want to hear all about them!

Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Mashed Potato Recipe

As I set out to gather ideas, ingredients, products and more, I look forward to my next post and hearing from all of you!

Let me know your thoughts on the Turducken and if anyone has ever had one before!

Comments

Popular Posts